Gutters clogged with debris and gunk can’t be ignored. It’s important to keep gutters clean to avoid the basement flooding and moisture damage that often results from clogged, overflowing gutters.
When a gutter clogs, bad things happen.
Heavy rain can cause clogged gutters to quickly fill with water and overflow, dumping water next to your foundation and possibly leading to a flooded basement or crawl space.Learn more
Gutter Cleaning | Indianapolis, IN
What’s in my gutters?
Depending on your home’s surroundings & features, any of the following items might be present in unprotected gutters:
- Seeds & sprouts
- Mold on rotted organic materials
- Grit from roof shingles
- Shingle fragments
- Single or flashing nails
- Masonry fragments from chimneys
- Rodent & bird nests
- Dead animals
Gutter cleaning hazards
- Falling off a ladder can lead to serious injury
- Possible contact with mold and bacteria that can cause infections and other health problems.
- Dented and scraped gutters resulting from contact with tools or ladders.
- Exterior siding, garden furniture, and landscaping that is stained or damaged by falling gutter gunk.